Oh hey... Wanna read a quick interview with me about my playwriting? Dig it HERE.
Carter Stubbs Takes Flight
For the Love of An Ansethesiologist
Night of the Tarantubears
Corner Office Skye
Dinosaur and Robot Stop a Train
I Have Angered a Great God
Arsenic and Roses
Rudnick the Candle-Headed Boy
I Brought Home a Chupacabra
Robert's Eternal Goldfish
You can see info about my plays on Doollee.com. And on the Small-Cast One-Act Guide Online. You can view my playwriting resume at the bottom of this page.
# # #
With Music by Stuart Grant & Lee Holt
40 MINUTES / 3 F / 2 M / SHADOW PUPPET STAGE
Like many stories of Germanic folklore from the Brothers Grimm, Rapunzel is a tale of happiness hard won. Rapunzel is held captive by a wicked old enchantress, brought up in loneliness, parted from her young prince, and must struggle to find her own place in the world before her troubles are overcome. The tale is valuable to children with the timeless message that faith and character will ultimately win out over hardship, and true love will find its happy ending. This hip adaptation of the classic story is told with shadow puppets, witty banter and some funktastic songs.
- World-Premiere with the Dramatic English Educational Repertory (DEER) Theatre, Hong Kong (October 2006)
- The Peak Galleria/ Dramatic English, Hong Kong (April 2007) Click here for a video clip of an excerpt from this production.
20 Minutes / 1 M / 2 F / SINGLE SET
Two housewives take a unique revenge on a cheating husband and plan the perfect crime. Beware the machinations lurking in the quiet lives of two suburban ladies. Hell hath no fury...
- Texas Woman's University; Denton TX; Original One Acts Series (March 2006)
- Staged Reading with DFW Playwrights' Alliance/ Ground Zero Theatre Company; Dallas TX (May 2004)
- Audacity Productions; Dallas TX; (excerpt) Mild Dementia Continuous-Play Variety Hour (November 2002)
- Staged Reading with Square Peg Theatre Collective; New York NY (Feb 2002)
BRAD McENTIRE Playwright Resume