A SOLO SHOW BY BRAD McENTIRE
65 MINUTES / 1 M / FLEXIBLE STAGING
A-Go-G0 [or à gogo] - as much as you like; to your heart's content; galore: i.e. dancing à gogo.
CYRANO A-GO-GO is semi-autobiographical exploration of one restless theatre artist's fascination with the 1897 play Cyrano de Bergerac by Edmond Rostand. A chance encounter with the script at a suburban public library at the age of fifteen leads to a cruel and wonderful calling. Mixing the personal, historical and literary into a journey through Rostand's play and a meditation on the differences between art and life, McEntire puts a funny, warm, insightful spin on the usual coming-of-age one-man show.
- Audacity Theatre Lab/ Shakespeare Dallas, Green Zone Theatre, (June and July 2011)
- Houston Fringe Festival, Bohemeo's Cafe & Theatre (September 2012)
- Audacity Solo Salon, Margo Jones Theatre, Dallas TX (December 2014)
- Out of the Loop Fringe Festival, Addison TX (March 2015) - "Best of Fest" Winner
- Nanaimo Fringe Festival, British Columbia, Harbour City Theatre (August 2015)
- Seattle to Fresno Mini-Fringe, Minion Productions/ Rogue Fringe Fest, Mia Cuppa Cafe (August 2015)
- The Tribe: Solo Salon, Deep Vellum Books, Dallas TX (March 2016) - [exceprt]
For more info on this play, see posts with tags labeled "Cyrano A-Go-Go" ... HERE.