55 MINUTES / 1 M / SINGLE SET
CHOP concerns a man devoid of ambition, with a profound sense of isolation from the busy, happy, productive people around him. Through a chance encounter with a mysterious tattooed woman he is introduced to what may be his true calling - a subculture of unique fetishists who enjoy getting their limbs lopped off. As the guy willing to wield the axe and make the chops, he may finally develop a sense of belonging. A dozen (+) characters performed by a single actor.
- Staged Reading with Outsider's Inn Collective; Seattle WA (October 2008)
- Workshop Reading with Cry Havoc; New York NY (March 2009)
- World Premiere at Out of the Loop Fringe Festival; Addison Water Tower Theatre; Addison TX (March 2010)
- Exclusive Engagement at the College of Santa Fe, NM (April 2010)
- Official Entry in 2010 Phoenix Fringe Festival; Phoenix AZ (April 2010)
- Benefit Performance at the Continental Lofts Gallery, Dallas TX (November 2010)
- Official Entry in the 2010 New Orleans Fringe Festival (November 2010)
- Official Entry in the 2011 Portland Mini-Fringe (April 2011)
- Official "Producer's Pick" at the 2011 Houston Fringe Festival (November 2010)
- Nouveau 47 Theatre; Dallas TX (July 2012)
- Official Entry in the 2012 New York international Fringe Festival (August 2012)
- Official Entry in the 2012 Seattle Fringe Festival (September 2012)
- Official Entry in 2013 SoloMania Fest; New Orleans (November 2013)
CHOP has a full website with information about the show. To visit the website for the show, click HERE.
Ten page sample excerpt below. To request a full script send a email to me at: dribblefunk at yahoo dot com
CHOP promo trailer from FT Bonnigan on Vimeo.
View the Flickr Feed below...
Adventures with CHOP, a set on Flickr.